Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Volunteer Director will oversee MarketShare's volunteer needs and the volunteer program.
- First and foremost: Appreciate our wonderful volunteers and do everything you can to ensure their experience is awesome
- Devise short- and long-term strategies for new volunteer outreach and current volunteer engagement and retention
- Establish and maintain systems for MarketShare's volunteer needs including onboarding, record management, and learning and development
- Collaborate with MarketShare team members to generate innovative solutions
- Attend meetings as necessary
Desired Skills and Abilities
Communication skills: The Volunteer Director must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with all current and potential volunteers as well as the MarketShare team to ensure that all volunteer needs are met.
- Time management: The Volunteer Director must be able to balance a range of responsibilities and duties.
- Social skills: The Volunteer Director will be interacting with a wide range of people from the public to MarketShare volunteers and staff. As such, the Volunteer Director must be personable and friendly. Maintaining constructive and positive relationships and being able to resolve conflicts are essential to success.
- Customer service mindset: The Volunteer Director must operate with a customer service mindset to serve requests of MarketShare volunteers and team members.
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every staff member is required to attend a monthly team meeting.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.