We’re looking for a talented and driven Social Media Manager to join our volunteer staff at MarketShare! Reporting to and in partnership with the Marketing Director, the Social Media Manager will develop and implement social media strategies for MarketShare via social networking platforms. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating professional and interesting content to keep MarketShare's followers engaged and for increasing awareness about MarketShare.
- Develop a thorough understanding of MarketShare's mission and objectives
- Devise and drive MarketShare's social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, blog, newsletter, etc.)
- Ensure social media strategy is being carried out by delegating responsibilities to and managing Social Media Marketing Coordinator(s)
- Use monthly tracking data to make social media strategy decisions
- Stay abreast of social media trends
- Attend meetings as necessary
Desired Skills and Abilities
Passion for MarketShare's mission: The Social Media Director must be aligned with and passionate about MarketShare's mission in order to truly promote MarketShare to outside audiences.
- Social media savvy: The Social Media Director must be savvy with a range of social media platforms and be able to optimize different types of content for the right platform.
- "Big picture" perspective: As the driver of MarketShare's overall social media strategy, the Social Media Director must be able to see the big picture of MarketShare's ongoings.
- Organizational skills: The Social Media Director must be able to coordinate social media responsibilities of one or more Social Media Marketing Coordinators and collaborate with all MarketShare teams.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.