We’re looking for a talented and driven Social Media Marketing Coordinator to join our volunteer staff at MarketShare! Reporting to and in partnership with the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will develop and implement social media strategies for MarketShare via social networking platforms. The Social Media Coordinator will contribute significantly to raising awareness about MarketShare and promoting MarketShare's mission.
Would include at least one of the following:
- Maintain the official MarketShare Facebook page and facilitates Facebook conversations to engage fans and build likes
- Tweet regularly, engage others on Twitter, and build followers of the organization
- Maintain Pinterest and Instagram accounts
- Maintain postings for events and volunteer opportunities
- Prepare and distribute bi-monthly email newsletters
- Prepare blog posts highlighting MarketShare's presence and progress
- Track statistics monthly
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Social media familiarity: The Social Media Coordinator should be familiar with a range of social media platforms. Frequent usage of social media for personal or professional purposes will help the Social Media Marketing Coordinator to be successful.
- Excellent writing skills: The Social Media Coordinator should know how to craft messaging and understand the audience of MarketShare's social media platforms. A knack for correct grammar and clever, succinct writing is desired.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.