The Public Relations Coordinator reports to and partners with the Public Relations Manager. Main responsibilities include managing effective and clear communication for MarketShare and its mission.
- Plan and develop effective communication strategies related to MarketShare's activities, agenda and accomplishments
- Collaborate with creative and other MarketShare teams to ensure proper PR materials are available at community events and promotions
- Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits to increase community awareness and to promote goodwill
- Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of MarketShare to develop public relations strategies to promote positive community awareness
- Confer with other MarketShare leaders to provide guidance related to current community trends, key interests or concerns
- Prepare and deliver speeches to further public relations objectives, as needed
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and command of the English language (e.g., structure, content, meaning, rules of composition, grammar)
- Ability to communicate with and relate to the community at large
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination methods across various media (written, oral, visual media)
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.