This role reports to and partners with the Executive Director (Director). The Marketing Director will manage all aspects of Marketing and Public Relations (PR) for MarketShare and the Campaign for King Street Station. The successful candidate will provide guidance and overall strategy to the creative teams including PR, Creative, and Social Media. The marketing Director will collaborate with the creative teams to ensure successful messaging and branding of MarketShare and its mission.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of MarketShare and its mission
- Provide strategic and thought leadership related to MarketShare and its mission
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop appropriate out-reach efforts to targeted communities
- Provide guidance to creative teams
- Partner with other teams and directors to develop creative strategies related to The Campaign for King Street Station
- Attend monthly directors meetings
- Conduct monthly creative team meetings
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Leadership: The Marketing Director shows a command of people skills. They are also able to communicate clearly at all levels. In addition, they are able to understand long-term MarketShare strategy and goals, providing proper guidance as needed.
- Program Management: The Marketing Director demonstrates intimate familiarity with long-term campaign management, including budget, resource staffing, and time sensitive requirements.
- Problem Solving: The Marketing Director is able to consider possible options and solutions related to creative strategies. In partnership with the Executive Director, they will align marketing efforts to maximize success of MarketShare and its mission.
- Creativity: The Marketing Director is able to use any combination of media to advance community outreach and the MarketShare mission.
- Communication Skills: The Marketing Director is able to communicate clearly across internal teams and with external outlets and the community at large. This includes written and spoken communication, as needed, and providing proper communication guidance to the creative teams.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.